GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Program) is a federally funded grant program that helps students prepare and succeed in high school, higher education, and their future. GEAR UP serves students from the Class of 2022 (seniors) and Class of 2023 (juniors) and follows them until their first year of post-secondary.
Our vision is that all students are academically, socially, and financially prepared to enter and complete the post-secondary program or institute of their choice.
- Campus visits/educational field trips
- Summer programs
- Academic support services
- Student leadership activities
- Career exploration
- College and financial planning assistance
- Professional development
- Applying for Financial Aid Support
- Applying to the post-secondary institute of their choice support
If you feel that your student would benefit from ALL or ANY of these services please email the Site Manager.
Seniors (Class of 2022):
- FAFSA/WASFA opens October 1st! We will be hosting financial aid workshops to support students and families complete their FREE financial aid applications. Stay tuned for more information on dates and times.
- In the meantime, students and parents need to create their FSA ID prior to completing their FAFSA. Create your account at www.studentaid.gov
- GEAR UP will cover the cost of one college entrance exam (SAT or ACT) per student. You must register with a GEAR UP staff member.
Juniors (Class of 2023):
- We will be taking students to tour college campuses.
- GEAR UP will cover the cost of one college entrance exam (SAT or ACT) per student. You must register with a GEAR UP staff member. Juniors planning to attend a 4-year university, should plan on taking the SAT or ACT in the spring of their junior year.
For more information, questions or suggestions, please contact the Site Manager and feel free to check out the pamphlet below to learn more about GEAR UP.